Innovative. Contact Us
Of all of the appliances in your home, there may not be one that’s more underappreciated or relied-upon than your water heater. Your water heater gives you access to hot, clean water on demand with nothing more than the turn of a tap or twist of a knob.
Other appliances like your dishwasher and washing machine depend on it to do their jobs, and you depend on it for bathing, cooking, and so much more. Naturally, when your water heater runs into an issue and needs to be replaced, it’s important to get the job done quickly to protect your home and keep your life running smoothly.
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
A problem with your water heater may not mean you have to completely replace it—in some cases a problem can be fixed to keep your current water heater working properly, but in others a full replacement may be necessary.
You may need a new water heater installation if:
- Your water heater is well beyond its expected lifespan - A tank water heater usually lasts about 10 years while tankless water heaters last 20 years. If your unit is older than its respective lifespan you should think twice before throwing more money at repair.
- Your water heater has sprung a leak - Depending where your leak is, you may want to consult our San Diego water heater replacement specialists. If the leak is in a water line, we can patch it up or replace the line pretty easily. But if the leak is in your tank, it's going to cost more to fix than to replace.
- Your water heater is showing signs of rust, corrosion, or significant wear and tear - If you have rusty colored water, we may just need to replace the sacrificial anode rod. But if the corrosion has spread to your tank then fixing it is a lost cause.
- Your energy bills have increased substantially for no apparent reason - As water heaters age, they may become less efficient over time. This unnecessary spending on your utility bills is even less palatable when you consider you'll inevitably be needing our water replacement specialists.
- Repair after repair - We'll always be happy to repair your water heater, but if you need repairs every year then call in our water heater replacement specialists because another repair call for a dying unit is simply money down the drain.
- Loud noises coming from your water heater - Hearing rattling or popping noises is due to sediment build-up. As the water heater is heated, the sediment hardens, causing the loud noises you hear, leading to leakage, and should be looked at by a professional right away.
- No hot water - There can be a couple of reasons why there is no hot when turning on your taps. One of the main issues can be your water heater is near the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. Other issues can be something minor such as a tripped circuit breaker or the light on your pilot is out. Call one of our specialists to perform an inspection and get to the root of the problem.
What Is the Average Lifespan of Water Heaters?
Water heaters generally have an average lifespan of around 8 years or so, which means a heater around that age is more than likely in need of replacement.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters are quickly becoming a popular upgrade for homeowners looking to save money and energy. Because these water heaters only bring water up to temperature once, they use a significantly smaller amount of energy.
No more paying to keep a tank of water up at your desired temperature to be used when you need it—instead, your tankless water heater creates the hot water when you need it and sends it directly to your tap, saving you money on energy bills. Likewise, because these systems don’t have to worry about refilling a tank, you’ll never run out of hot water again!
These systems are a bit more of an investment than a traditional tank-style water heater, but it may very well be the last water heater you ever have to buy for as long as you own your home.
These systems are far more durable than the tank-style heaters, and annual maintenance can keep them running at peak capacity month after month and year after year. Before long, these investments become self-funding by saving you money on energy and from having to buy new water heater tanks every decade or so!
Call the Professionals at Paws Plumbing Today
At Paws Plumbing, our San Diego plumbers know water heaters inside and out. When it comes to installations, we take pride in making sure the job gets done right and is easier than you may have ever thought possible.
Our team of San Diego water heater installation experts always install units from premium manufacturers for the best possible results, and we carefully select the perfect unit for your home based on your hot water demands and existing water heater space.
Whether it’s a new system installation or replacing an old and worn-out system that’s served you for years, we even make the process as simple and stress-free as we can. We even help you with getting the proper permits easy in order to ensure that your new water heater installation can start as soon as possible!
Let us help you get the new San Diego water heater replacement you need! Contact Paws Plumbing and get started today.
“Attention to Detail” - Alison