Innovative. Contact Us
There’s little worse than trying to drift off to sleep while you hear a drip, drip, drip coming from your faucet. While the sound can be insufferable, the dripping can actually signify something much worse is going on. Whether you have a small or large leak, it’s important to get it detected and repaired as soon as possible to stave of any property damage.
At Paws Plumbing, our leak detection specialists are determined to provide you with safe and reliable services. All of our plumbers in San Diego are highly trained, experienced, and the friendliest around. We assist both residential and commercial customers, and our dog-loving team especially enjoys delivering quality services to vets, groomers, and animal hospitals throughout the area.
How We Detect Leaks
A leak in your plumbing can be caused by a number of things: corroded pipes, shifting foundation, worn out fixtures, and more. While noticing a drip is a tell-tale sign that you may have a leak, it’s important to be aware of the subtler signs so you can catch it before it causes extensive property damage.
You may need plumbing leak detection if:
- You notice flooding on your property - If you see water or signs of water damage but don't know where exactly the water is coming from, give a call to our local leak detection experts.
- You hear running water when all of the taps are shut off - If after you've turned your water off and you hear any water then it's a sign something is off. It's also a good way to test if you have a leak. Simply turn off your water and observe your water meter.
- You see water pooling around your foundation - Water in or around your foundation is the worst case scenario as slab leaks can cause a lot of pricey damage that way. In these instances time is essential so give our San Diego leak detection a call to quickly isolate and address your problem.
- Your water pressure is too low - If you're not getting the same level of water pressure that you're used to it could be because of a leak, hard water, or perhaps piping that needs to be examined.
- Your yard has wet spots or patches of extra lush grass - When you have a leak in your sewer line, it may not always be easy to detect. But wet spots or extra bugs and animals attracted to your yard are an indication of a leak.
- The musky smell of mold or mildew - You're not always going to be lucky enough to get a noticeable water stain, but if there's a leak in a part of the house that doesn't have proper ventilation then you'll likely experience mold and mildew growth.
If you’re currently experiencing any of the above signs of a leak, it’s important that you call us right away. When we arrive at your property, our San Diego leak detection experts will rely on video pipe inspection to determine the exact location of the leak.
How Does Video Pipe Inspection Work?
Here's what our plumbers in San Diego do during video pipe inspections:
- Insert a high-definition, waterproof camera equipped with an LED light and attached to a flexible rod into an access point of your plumbing system.
- Monitor a live feed above ground to identify the specific location of the leak and find any other potential issues.
- Use a transmitter attached to the camera when determining and marking the area above ground where the leak is located.
- Save the footage as an MP4 file so that the video can be shared with the property owner and be referenced during repairs.
- Recommend the best solution based on the severity of the leak and damage uncovered, whether it requires whole-house repiping or hydro jetting to remove a blockage.
Contact our San Diego plumbers to learn more about our video pipe inspections!
The Importance of Leak Detection
In addition to being one of the leading causes of property damage, plumbing leaks are also the cause of millions of gallons of water waste. They also can lead to mold and mildew growth, which pose serious threats to your health and the health of any family members, employees, customers, or guests.
Some of the benefits of leak detection include:
- You will conserve water
- You will stop paying exorbitantly high water bills
- You will protect your property from any water and structural damage
- You will help stave off any damage to your furniture, carpeting, appliance, and personal items
- You will protect your health by preventing mold and mildew growth
- You will avoid any business interruptions
Join Our Maintenance Program
At Paws Plumbing, we proudly offer a maintenance program which provides members with priority service and annual inspections. This will help our leak detection plumbers in San Diego locate any issues with your plumbing and fix them before they cause disastrous damage to your home or commercial property. You’ll also receive a 10% discount on plumbing repairs!
Instead of Barking Mad, We’ll Leave You Glad!
With our years of experience, we’ve been able to earn a reputation as a professional, dependable, and innovative plumbing company. Our goal is to get all of our customers out of the doghouse and provide them with unbeatable customer service. We offer flat rate pricing on all of our services.
“Plumbing knowledge and expertise are well beyond any plumber I've ever met. His professionalism makes him stand out even more.” - Debi Z.